Alta Magic by Lee CohenIf you know Alta and have not seen Lee Cohen’s photos by now you have probably been living in a van down by the river. His photos put Alta and Snowbird on the map for me and he’s one of the main reasons why I chose to move to Utah. Pictures of Dan Withey chest deep in LCC pow clouded my mind after almost every issue of Powder Magazine I read. Now with the release of Lee’s new book, Alta Magic, a lot of his photos, old and new, are conveniently organized under one roof. Not only does this book have a plethora of amazing Alta photography but it also has a series of essays to go along with each image. Skiers young and old contribute their memories of skiing at Alta and what these experiences have meant to them. Even if you’ve only skied a couple of days at Alta you’ll likely recognize one of the many Alta skiers Lee chose to include in his book. From pros to shop rats Lee does a great job of capturing the essence of what makes Alta so great for so many people. If you’re looking for one of the most amazing collections of ski photography out there or just wanna make that new coffee table look even better then be sure to check out Alta Magic. You can purchase it directly from LeeCohen.com or at any Alta Ski Shop and for $35. I promise it will be money well spent.

4 Replies to “Lee Cohen’s Alta Magic Book”

1. Skied with Lee back in 1980 from Glen Cove N.Y. Congrats on the book,looking forward to enjoying a pow read!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *